Alright, i've been getting messages in the cbox, soo let me be clear here, THIS SKIN
is inspired by KARI, MOCHAKARI'S
) previous skin, when she used it for her official blog
okay? see the credits, i credited everyone i supposed to, if this skin resembles someone elses other than her,
that's totally a coincidence , she submitted her previous skin here: http://www.blogskins.com/info/381792
, CHECK the credit bar damnit, and stop buzzing me about it,
=,=' i cant even have my hiatus in peace.
and Linda(kari), already gave me permission for the inspiration, and ask me to credited her when i made this skin. soo yeah, STOP BUZZING MEH, omg, im angry .o-o'
im gonna go back ON HIATUS .
Alright,i've been leaving my sites for a while , im really busy, and i dont have an updated laptop to work with new themes,graphics and all,
this laptop im using is really old like a version from 2001 =,='
it's annoying i miss blogging and making anime soo much, i'll be back after i got my new laptop , which i would probably have by the end of the year,
tweet me @allyceweis to talk,or have the fastest reply,
because im active on twitter because of my phone, sooo that's that.
IM OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS
feel free too hang around and follow if u want
Genre:Science fiction,Romance,Young Adults
A series of:
The Chemical Garden Trilogy
Number of pages:
Book design by:
When i was looking for new novels in the month of April
. I had to make a tough decision whether to choose WITHER the other dark gothic novels, as you can see i'm not a big fan of science fiction novels. BUT i do love novels about immortallity. so i circle over in search of the best novel to buy (my mom lets me buy only 1 book every month) . So with the decision from my brother, Wither wins the month reading.i wasn't sure if i really want it. But when i read the sypnosis over and over again, i decided it's the best, it's soo dark and twisting soo yeah.
you would not believe what happened when i started reading it . The opening was a hell of a shock for me, it started with , The main character , Rhine Ellery was kidnapped and sold to be a bride of a rich man, Linden Ashby. This Book is AH-MAZING, the author totally gave a thrill and over sadness, it's like i can feel what Rhine is facing . The character are great,the attitudes totally light it up , like how cute and annoying Rhine sisterwives can be,that is CECILY.Where Jenna appear so dark,and alone yet she is soo important in this book. And how terrifying Linden's father,Housemaster Vaughn can be. I get goosebumps when he showed up in the book. the evilness,innocence,love,friendship,familyness in this book are perfect ! the scene,the storyline, are all perfect. I must say this book is A-MUST-READ.
Wither describes a future where genetic engineering has cured humanity of all diseases and defects. People worldwide have foregone conceiving children naturally in favor of this new science. This generation of perfect humans, later dubbed "The First Generation", lived very long and prosperous lives. Unfortunately their children ended up plagued with a virus that killed all females by the age of 20 and all males by the age of 25. Their children's children suffered the same fate. Humanity now scrambles for a cure as society has broken down into large gaps between the rich and the poor. Gatherers hunt for young girls on the streets to sell them into labs for research, and the unwanted ones go into prostitution or are simply killed.
In Manhattan, 16-year-old Rhine Ellery is captured by the Gatherers and sold to Linden Ashby at his estate in Florida. Rhine finds herself forced to marry Linden along with two other girls, Jenna and Cecily. They join Rose as Linden's new brides, but the ailing Rose is already 20 years of age and does not have long left to live.
Life in the Ashby manor is very comfortable. Cecily embraces it while Rhine constantly thinks of ways to escape. She befriends her servant Gabriel and behaves like a good wife in front of Linden and his father, Housemaster Vaughn, in order to earn the title of "First Wife", which would grant her additional privileges to roam the mansion. Rhine sets that as a goal in order to plan her escape.
By the novel's end, Rhine successfully escapes the mansion with Gabriel and begins a journey back to New York to find her twin brother, Rowan.
- Rhine Ellery: A sixteen-year-old girl from Manhattan who was kidnapped to be Linden's wife. She is the narrator and protagonist of the novel. Rhine has heterochromia, one blue eye and one brown eye.
- Linden Ashby: A young architect who marries Rhine, Jenna, and Cecily at the start of the novel. He is also married to Rose.
- Jenna: The oldest of Linden's new wives at 18. She dislikes living in the mansion as much as Rhine but is less adamant about trying to escape.
- Cecily: The youngest of the sister wives at 13. She is the most excited about the marriage and enjoys her new life. She later bears a child named Bowen.
- Rose: Linden's first wife, age 20, who is bedridden because of her age and failing health. She is stressed by the medicines given to her and wishes for death. Rose was once pregnant with Linden's child, but it was a stillbirth.
- Vaughn Ashby: Linden's father and Housemaster of the mansion where the novel takes place. He seeks a cure to the virus, using whatever means necessary.
- Gabriel: One of many servants in the mansion. He is assigned to care for Rhine and develops a relationship with her.
- Rowan Ellery: Rhine's twin brother, who is seen only in flashbacks of their life together before Rhine was kidnapped. Rhine believes he is still in New York, looking for her.
- Deirdre: Rhine's "domestic" in the Ashby Mansion, who prepares Rhine's hair, makeup, and wardrobe; as well as serving as a personal assistant to Rhine. Deirdre is a young orphan, and her father was a skilled painter who taught her about art. She's also a very talented seamstress.
Labels: book review
All contents ⓒ http://www.ivyskies.blogspot.com by "Allyce Weis" 2010-2012 . All rights reserved . unless stated otherwise.